Monday, March 16, 2009

When the world sleeps...

I was out on my bike, 'bustin' my ass' as Lance Armstrong puts it, this morning. It was the first time in a very long while that I managed to wake up in the morning for training before school. =] The ride was magical..Everything fitted into place beautifully and the weather was perfect. It rained the night before, but the roads were all dried up and the temperature low.

I hit the roads at 5am and cycled to school, then further down West Coast Highway overcoming the 3 uphills as I went 2 loops back and fro, making the total count 12. I felt good today, and it only got better as the mileage increased. At around 6.55am, the sun slowly peeked behind some clouds and turned the sky into a beautiul shade of orangey-purple. I felt like I was in a Disney storybook as I headed back to school =] The planned 3km slow swim later in the day was twarted by bad weather and lightning..Mugging was done instead but more dozing off occured..

Well, I am happy that I've accomplished what I set out to do today. =] It shall be running tomorrow..

No comments:

Latest Post

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

9th April, my second day in Johannesburg. I decided to explore the neighbourhood by running to the nearby Neighbourhood Square  which was ab...

Most Read