Saturday, May 14, 2011

Things in context

I love ice-cream. All kinds of them…Today, after a hot day of travelling, I bought a popsicle while waiting for the bus to arrive. A little local boy saw me and started pestering me. I thought he was begging, hence I passed him whatever coins I had with me. This did not satisfy him; he kept at it, refusing to let me enjoy my popsicle. I chose to ignore him at first, but afterwards, I realized he was pointing to my popsicle and the ice-cream stand.

Therefore, to test my hypothesis that he was like me, an ice-cream fanatic, I took him to the ice-cream stand and got him a popsicle at S$0.30. He was finally satisfied.

It is so ironic that the same S$0.30 that some people would die trying to save could make the day a little better for that little boy. I have no idea whether it made his day, but if I could just make him happy during the time he ate his popsicle, I think that it is a good thing…

No comments:

Latest Post

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

9th April, my second day in Johannesburg. I decided to explore the neighbourhood by running to the nearby Neighbourhood Square  which was ab...

Most Read