Friday, May 12, 2006

Divine Intervention

The low wall has always been my problem for SOC since the BMT days. My momentum will be hindered by it due to me having to clear it more than once. I thought by passing my SOC back then with a timing which even qualifies for a pass in OCS, everything will be fine. I was wrong..

During one of my OCS SOC training, I suddenly slipped down the low rope even though I had coiled the rope tightly. This caused me to fail the training. I was stunned because I never had any problems with the low rope. Having cleared the low wall, I believed I have cleared all my problems, but this had to happen! This problem was erratic; it happens only sometimes. Having failed my trial test due to the low rope, I was feeling very low because the actual test will be in 6 days time.

I immediately looked to God for help. Prayer on this item was brought up in the days prior to the test. I visualised myself clearing all the obstacles in the actual test and claimed it with the name of the Lord. I believed in Him, and had faith that He will definitely pull me through. I drew my strength from Him through Matthew 21:21-22. I knew deep down inside He was going to help me pass this test, I just knew.

The day of reckoning came, and I prepared myself for the test. I prayed before I left the bunk and before I knew it, I was running down to the low wall. I cleared it in one shot and proceeded on to the next few obstacles. I then came to the low rope. Believeing with all my might, I jumped and grapped the rope, coiling my body and twirling my legs around the rope, stepping on it to make it firm. I then straightened my legs, and I did not slip! Touching the top, I shouted "YES!". The next few obstacles posed no threat. I completed my test 1 min earlier than my personal best. The best thing was that I did not really feel that tired. I knew this was not of my own strength, but of God's. It was a killer divine intervention!

No comments:

Latest Post

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

9th April, my second day in Johannesburg. I decided to explore the neighbourhood by running to the nearby Neighbourhood Square  which was ab...

Most Read