Saturday, December 06, 2008

Run like an animal


Having tried searching high and low for this poster to no avail, Aldrich, my Aquathlon captain, sent us this scan that he made a few days ago. =] Brilliant! I thought the words on it were very inspirational...

RUN EASY IS AN OXYMORON.
What is it about running that scares people so much? Why do people feel they have to put friendly modifiers next to running so that everyone can feel good about it? Well here's the ugly truth: Everyone shouldn't feel good about running. It's hard. It hurts. Running requires sacrifices and heart and guts. Any attempt to water it down with feel good adjectives is a slap in the face to those of us who still hold running sacred. In fact, if you are running easy, odds are you're not running at all. You're jogging. So do us a favour, don't run easy. Run hard. Run like an animal. - Pearl Izumi

I have a marathon tomorrow..can I run like an animal?

No comments:

Latest Post

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

9th April, my second day in Johannesburg. I decided to explore the neighbourhood by running to the nearby Neighbourhood Square  which was ab...

Most Read