Monday, December 08, 2008

Mike's wedding

I attended another wedding last night. This time it was my superior and close friend, during my term as instrutor in the School of Armour, Captain Mike. He is someone who really inspires me to better myself and I really learnt a lot from him throughout my time in National Service.

I can still remember vividly the many times we just sit around after training doing nothing but talk about things in life. He always seem to know what I was feeling or thinking about..and was most of the time right. Whenever I need help with advices on certain issues pertaining to issues in life, I will seek his perspective on things. He never fails to simplify the problem for me. Perhaps I think too much sometimes...

Anyways, the day before I was just looking through some photos taken during my instructorship tour back in the School of Armour and this one particularly grabbed my attention.

Jeremy, Jeck, Wee Ten, Me and Meng Wee

These were the instructors that I worked closely with. We were the 2LTs of the Tank Officer Cadet Course. I was looking at the picture and a thousand memories just swarmed back. I really miss those times. National Service was indeed a life-shaping journey..

At the wedding, I was delighted to see them and all my superiors too. It was a time to catch up and reminisce the good times. I also realised that everyone who was at Officer Training Wing was posted out to other units, leaving behind only Captain Mike and Warrant Yeo. Warrant Yeo was another person who taught me many things. He was like a father to me. Last night, OTW was reunited.

I still maintain my stand that people in OTW during my 2nd batch as instructor was the coolest bunch! =] We had so much fun working and playing and training. Life was never boring..Hahas..

However, life moves on..We all move on in life on different paths, glad that in a point in time our paths cross and we get shaped by one another, taking away something from each other that will remain in us forever.

"What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies." - Aristotle

No comments:

Latest Post

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

9th April, my second day in Johannesburg. I decided to explore the neighbourhood by running to the nearby Neighbourhood Square  which was ab...

Most Read