Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Beauty in even the most mundane things..

In the midst of the numerous renal corpuscles, collecting tubules and ducts and macula densa cells on my kidney slide, I found this beautifully shaped structure...


Believe me, it was really hard to take this photo with my camera phone =] I only finally managed to snap this on my 3rd attempt after what seemed like an eternity of adjusting. This is probably a cross-section of a blood vessel in the kidney.

Upon seeing this heart, I was immediately reminded of God's love for us. A love so great and sacrificial that He sent His Son Jesus to die for us on the Cross. At that moment, I was deeply humbled...

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." - John 3:16

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my. Is it really the blood vessels? Your blood vessels? How do you take the photo? Don't you feel pain or something?

Norman Lin said...

Hahas!! That is not my blood vessel! It was a prepared slide on the kidney! =] Just so happened to find this blood vessel there as the kidney has many blood vessels =]

Latest Post

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

9th April, my second day in Johannesburg. I decided to explore the neighbourhood by running to the nearby Neighbourhood Square  which was ab...

Most Read