Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas and the weekend..

Christmas has finally arrived this year, and it marks yet again another year passed..On boxing day, my cousin Huiqi got married. It was the third wedding in my family this year! Counting down chronologically, the next in line should be me! Boy, doesn't time pass so quickly..

The wedding yet again allowed the extended family to interact and catch up with one another. It was good to see Zhen Yi back from the UK during his school break. We had a good time that night, fooling around like we always do =]

The next day, on Saturday, I had my NUS aquathlon time-trial at Sentosa. To be perfectly honest, I was not ready AT ALL for this time-trial. I just returned from Cambodia and since pre-CA2, I have not been training that regularly for weeks, even months! Furthermore, I was down with flu and sore-throat after my trip. Adding salt to the wound, that Saturday morning, I had diarrhoea. I did not want to go through the time-trial, but upon seeing everyone in the team gearing up for it, I changed my mind. I decided to try and complete it. Just complete it.

This was yet another instance where my body decided to act in contrary with my mind. I managed to complete my time-trial in 1hr 15mins 24secs. It was not exactly a very good timing, and there is still a lot to improve from here. =] I am just glad that I managed to complete it.

Later that day, I attended my NUS cell group's year end party where we invited friends over to have a time of fun, fellowship and food. It was a huge success! There were a total of 56 friends brought and I believed that they all had their share of fun, felllowship and food. =] I hope that we ride on this success and continue to reach out.

Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.” - Matthew 9:37-38

No comments:

Latest Post

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

9th April, my second day in Johannesburg. I decided to explore the neighbourhood by running to the nearby Neighbourhood Square  which was ab...

Most Read