Monday, May 26, 2008

Bintan conquered!!!

Whoah! Finally, I've completed my 1st ever triathlon..Well, the Bintan Triathlon was a very good experience, and I'm looking forward to Singapore's OSIM Triathlon in July. While in Bintan, I made many friends there who are experienced in the field of triathlon, and I've learnt loads from the talk we had and the pointers they so freely gave when they heard that I was participating for the 1st time. =]

Well, for the statistics, I shaved off a whooping 10mins from my previous open-sea swim in March this year at the Singapore Biathon. I did 38mins for the swim leg. For the bike leg, I took 1hr 27mins. Lastly, for my run, I took 58mins, which was insanely lousy. Well, that's where I have to improve on for the next event! =]
Overall, my virgin triathlon timing is 3hrs 6mins.

It was really by God's grace that I even managed to complete the event. =] Was thinking that the injury to my left ribs will hinder me in the running leg, because a few days before the event, there was swelling in the region. However, it subsided radically just 2 days before Bintan, praise be to Him that it was ok.

Ok, that's all for now, will upload the pictures when I get hold of the camera. =]

No comments:

Latest Post

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

9th April, my second day in Johannesburg. I decided to explore the neighbourhood by running to the nearby Neighbourhood Square  which was ab...

Most Read