Friday, August 21, 2009

Singapore (6th July '09)

Family members and close friends stood around the departure gate, grouped into their cliques waiting for the 6 to finish their baggage check in.

"Would they be able to adapt to the weather in Zurich, Switzerland?"
"Would they complete the Ironman?"
"Was the training they did in Singapore sufficient to tide them through?"

These were perhaps some of the thoughts in the minds of family members and close friends...They being there that late night seemed like an extra boost of support that was channelled into the Ironman days later. There were expectations to be fulfilled; we cannot let them down.

I remembered I was particularly touched that day when so many arrived to send us off with their well wishes. Stated beautifully by Wei Lynn who was there, "friendship requires effort". Yong Sheng, who had to report to camp at 8am that morning, also said that he being there in spite of that shows sincerity. Lastly, my Medicine friends who were in the midst of running the Medicine Freshman Orietation Camp came down too! This really set me thinking about the number of times that I have put in effort to maintain friendships; there were not many...It seemed that I had taken these friendships for granted, thinking that they will remain as they are with time. This is something that I wish to improve on. =]

Thank you all who came to make the sent off such a memorable one! I cannot thank you enough for the love you all have showered upon us!

No comments:

Latest Post

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

9th April, my second day in Johannesburg. I decided to explore the neighbourhood by running to the nearby Neighbourhood Square  which was ab...

Most Read