Saturday, July 22, 2006

I depended on Him..

This week has been a can of sardines - it was packed to the max! Basically what I went through was the driving package. I learnt how to drive the tank and how to maintain the different parts of my vehicle. I learnt how to strip the tank's tracks, what to do if my tank breaks down and the basic maintenance that will prevent such incidents from occuring. I also obtained my tank driving license! Woohoo, it is official! I can drive!

This week is not just about driving, I also had my IPPT test on Friday. The rule is simple: no gold, no bookout on Friday night and remedial training on Saturday morning. My only problem was the standing broad jump again. I had to hit 234cm in order to qualify for the gold award and the $200. It seemed seriously impossible to jump that far, and I have never really actually hit that distance before. I prayed.

Throughout the week I tried to train for my jump, but time was very limited. We return from driving classes and after-driving maintenance very late everyday. I only had the opportunity to train once in the entire week. I just had the faith that God will see me through this obstacle that seemed so massive to me, but is so insignificant to Him. On Friday morning, an hour before the IPPT test, doubts crept into my mind, screw the devil. I rebuke it straightaway, and prayed for God to give me the belief that through Him all things are possible. My faith was never stronger. I just knew that I was going to bookout that night.

When I came to the SBJ station, I knew I was going to jump 234cm. I muttered a short prayer before tossing myself into the wind. Upon landing I hit 234cm. The next few tries even see me hitting further distances. I could not believe myself, and I thanked Him repeatedly. It was seriously not possible for me to do what I did, I know it for sure. Just like my SOC few months back, God has helped me overcome my obstacles. It is written in Hebrews 11:6 that without faith it is impossible to please Him. Therefore people have faith in God for He is almightly and nothing is too big for an alreadly so massively big God.

No comments:

Latest Post

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

9th April, my second day in Johannesburg. I decided to explore the neighbourhood by running to the nearby Neighbourhood Square  which was ab...

Most Read