Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Reflections from my medical attachments

Finally! The last of my medical attachments has ended today. =] It was all in all a very insightful and wonderful experience for me. Through these 4 attachments, I have gathered enough information to make a very informed decision about applying to medical school. Also, through these 4 attachments, I have stopped to think twice about whether medicine is really for me.

I believe that there is a purpose for everything. That I did not apply to medical school at the end of my JC life was a brilliant example, and I thank God for that decision. I honestly feel more matured and ready to make this life-altering decision of taking up medicine as a subject, career, passion and life-long commitment. I would not have dared say that 2 years back, but I'm ready. God has worked in ways so fantastic in me, and by just thinking of it, I am reassured of His great love for me. I feel really blessed.

On top of that, I have the support of my family and the most important person in my life that I am holding on forever. There is no better time than now, the time is right! These 4 attachments has taught me many things which I feel will serve me well in the future, enabling me to be the best doctor I can to glorify God!

No comments:

Latest Post

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

9th April, my second day in Johannesburg. I decided to explore the neighbourhood by running to the nearby Neighbourhood Square  which was ab...

Most Read