Friday, July 31, 2009

Temptation

Tonight, I was truly tempted by what I saw at the red light district in Amsterdam. Ladies, dressed in nothing but bikinis, displayed themselves behind glass panels for gawking men to make their decisions.

I felt pretty uneasy for these ladies, who even though depended on this profession to make a living, be looked upon as objects of purchase or exhibits in a showroom.

As my eyes met with one of them, I felt the ancient sin of lust slowly overwhelming me. As I told Jason, it was as if her eyes gave out electric currents, enticing me. I immediately smiled and looked away, unable to believe what just happened in seconds that seemed to me like a few minutes.

As we walked down the street, we saw more and more of them. Thankfully none of them possessed the seductive skills that I experienced a few metres back..Smiles were exchanged between us as they looked on with hopeful eyes on each batch of tourists passing them by. I made it a point to at least smile at them, acknowledging them and greeting them as how normal people behave.

I left early with Jiajie, and was glad that he made the return with me. For I knew that had I gone back alone, I MIGHT have ended up in one of those rooms lining the streets in Amsterdam's famous red light district...

No comments:

Latest Post

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

9th April, my second day in Johannesburg. I decided to explore the neighbourhood by running to the nearby Neighbourhood Square  which was ab...

Most Read