Monday, November 09, 2009

Liverpool, United Kingdom (3rd August '09)

This destination was for Jiajie's pilgrimage to Anfield. He and I visited both stadiums and I came to a conclusion that Old Trafford was much more classy than Anfield but the Liverpool fans are really with their team through thick and thin. They are indeed the 12th man on the pitch; my hair stood when I watched how the Liverpool fans travelled to Istanbul to support their team in the Champions League Final against AC Milan which turned out to be as great as the comeback from Manchester United against Bayern Munich in 1999.

The Kop

Statue of Bill Shankly

Silverware in the museam

The dressing room

Notice Xabi Alonso's jersey; it was still there when we visited. His move to Real Madrid happened a few days later...and so did the decline of Liverpool Football Club.

This is Anfield!

The pitch

Anfield

No comments:

Latest Post

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

9th April, my second day in Johannesburg. I decided to explore the neighbourhood by running to the nearby Neighbourhood Square  which was ab...

Most Read