Wednesday, November 11, 2009

London, United Kingdom (5th-8th August '09)

Our final destination was London! There was so much to be done in London that we hardly covered the tip of the iceberg...

Having caught the Phantom of the Opera in Singapore, I wanted to check out the original West End version and compare the differences. I recognized the actors from the musical staged in the Esplanade and left Her Majesty's Theatre preferring the play I saw back home. Perhaps it was to do with the seating...

Anyhow, I caught Les Miserables on the last night before we left and was glad I did. It was such a beautiful play...Simply brilliant! I felt that the production made use of pretty simple props but was able to bring out the desired effect due to the killer revolving stage. That was the bomb!

Tower Bridge

Funky building along the River Thames

The London Eye

Jose Mourinho at Madame Tussauds

David Beckham at Madame Tussauds

Sensory and Motor Homunculus at The Natural History Museam

Big Ben

Jason and I cooking instant noodles illegally at the already closed kitchen in the hotel =]

Our A380 flight back to Singapore at London Heathrow Airport

A conclusion to a wonderful journey at Singapore Changi Airport

No comments:

Latest Post

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

9th April, my second day in Johannesburg. I decided to explore the neighbourhood by running to the nearby Neighbourhood Square  which was ab...

Most Read