Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Finish strong!

The end is very near..All that the team has trained for the past 1 year will be put to the test this Saturday at the Singapore Biathlon. Today, we had our last swim training prior to the race and I felt really good coming out of the water after training (or should I say before the end of training). I did not complete the last set of 5 x 50m sprints as I really felt pretty drained from all the sets before that, and the last thing I want is to get super drained out before the race this Saturday.

We did a 400m race-pace swim followed by 2 x 200m and lastly 4 x 100m. The timings decrease for each decrease in distance. I did a 7min 05secs for my 400m and was shocked. I could never imagine myself hitting that timing. Although it is really not that fast, but to me it is an improvement and I am really glad that this occured in my last training prior to the Singapore Biathlon. All the hard work I have put in for my swim is slowly showing and I hope to do well in the sea this Saturday.

1hr 15mins is the time I wish to hit this weekend. I can do it, I must do it, I will do it. Game on.

I find the best shortcut is the long way, which is basically two words: work hard. – Randy Pausch

No comments:

Latest Post

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

9th April, my second day in Johannesburg. I decided to explore the neighbourhood by running to the nearby Neighbourhood Square  which was ab...

Most Read