Saturday, March 14, 2009

The tough month is almost over!

Whoots! Today was the NIE Biathlon at NTU, my 4th race in 4 weeks =] It was not exactly a very good race for me as my core gave up, again, during the last 1km. I really have to solve this mystery man..was talking to Coach Tay about it and he thought it was probably due to the sudden intensity that I have placed on my body that it went into shock. Maybe I need to do more transitional trainings..maybe my core is not strong enough..Well, I will slowly uncover it.

I was particularly happy with my swim today! Prior to the race, I warmed up at the diving pool and felt very comfortable in the water. It was this feeling of total immersion and gliding in the water, it was marvellous! Upon plunging, I surged forwards and kept ahead of most of my competitors. The feeling was the key. I never felt so at peace in the water before. It was so pleasurable! =] I managed to come out 4th in the swim leg and was already planning my strategy for the run leg. I decided to keep it relax until the 1km mark and then slowly build up the pace. I almost pulled it off but was hindered at the final stretch by the mysterious force! I felt like shit as it was the final part of the race. Giving up really crossed my mind but I just endured and took the pain in. In the end, I finished the race.

The thing that I am most sad about was the fact that some of the seniors are leaving the team as they are graduating in a few months' time. NUS Aquathlon is like a big family to me, so it feels as if some family members are leaving for some faraway place. Hahas..but I think they might drop by once in a while to check us out..hopefully. I feel like I am emo-ing..bleh.

Also, I suddenly feel that a huge part of my life is missing after the end of this biathlon season..The meeting up with everyone during Monday and Wednesday's swim training, the run sets on Tuesdays, long runs on Thursdays and sentosa training on Saturdays will certainly be missed. Going through hell with your teammates is really a very very enjoyable experience. There is so much to learn from others and yourself. You blossom faster. I look forward to the next season with immense anticipation, hope and thirst for greater success for the team!

Lastly, I will end off with a quote from Qiurong during my conversation with her after my race. "Years later, you will look back at this race and realise that this was the race that made you faster."

No comments:

Latest Post

What am I doing here?

Reality hit me once I was up in the sky on my way to Johannesburg. Up until then, I had been so preoccupied with settling the various tasks ...

Most Read