Friday, November 21, 2008

I'm Ironstruck!

I was just thinking about my Ironman in Switzerland next year and realised that there was really a lot to prepare for which I have not done. I also realised that I have to seriously map out a training programme that will prepare me to complete the event.

This will no doubt be a challenge for me, balancing school work, biathlon training, church and family with this life-changing event. I believe that in the training for such an event will inevitably help to make you more disciplined, focused and hone skills for long-term planning. This is seriously going to be an epic journey for me! =]

I will end of this post with a quote I saw while searching for some training tips.

"A challenging journey is not without risks. Often we feel we can go no further, we can do no more, and that one more step is impossible. In that one moment we face the abyss, the ultimate challenge of mind, body, and spirit and discover an inner strength we never new existed and in a glorious revelation realize that our lives have changed forever." - Ironstruck

No comments:

Latest Post

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

9th April, my second day in Johannesburg. I decided to explore the neighbourhood by running to the nearby Neighbourhood Square  which was ab...

Most Read