Saturday, November 08, 2008

What!?

I have people coming up to me asking me if I really believed that there is a Department for Appropriate Behaviour..Argh! I was tricked! The notice that was pasted on the original advertisment was a smart publicity gimmick! My goodness..Perhaps they are trying to use reverse psychology on us? =] Well, you never know..

Was talking to Jesselyn on Thursday before cell started and she shared many killer stuffs about the processing powers of the brain. Are you aware why whenever you watch a horror movie you get so scared? Or perhaps why you bought something at the spur of the moment but realise later that you don't need it at all? I think I might just have the answer for you! =]

From what she told me, producers of horror films place a really horrific/scary picture in a single frame in the entire movie so that it flashes by so fast that your eyes cannot pick up the image, but your brain can. What happens is that your brain processes the image without you knowing it and in doing so, you get the scary feeling. In shops where they play music, they mix the music with another track that goes "buy it, buy it, buy it...". The latter you can't really hear as the music is tuned to drown that out, but somehow, your brain processes that information again and you get that strong feeling to purchase that unnecessary product. Hahas..this is way cool! Our brain indeed is mysterious =]

No comments:

Latest Post

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

9th April, my second day in Johannesburg. I decided to explore the neighbourhood by running to the nearby Neighbourhood Square  which was ab...

Most Read