Monday, January 19, 2009

It's time to go through hell..

Nicolas and I chatted away while making our way to the pool side for our swim training today.

Me: Dude, it's time to die.
Nic: Hahahas!!
Me: It's time to go through hell.
Nic: (even louder) Hahahs...

The sets today were different, starting with 500m warm-up incorporating the 'headache-inducing' breathing drills that made sure you earned your right to breathe. After weeks of doing this drill, I did not get the usual headache after warm-up today. =] Next, we did 30 laps worth of sprint and recover kicking and swimming. 800m gradual build up per 50m pulling with paddles were up next after we completed the 1.5km. Lastly, we ended off with 200m sprint, 100m recover; 100m sprint, 100m recover x3!

All in all, I felt really good in the water today. The usual strengthless feeling in my arms were not there until the final 50m of the last 100m sprint. I really gave every bit of my energy in the water today and I'm really happy about it! Yes! I did what I said I should do. =]

It was an incredible feeling when training is over. I always feel like a stronger person emerging from the pool after each training. I want this feeling to last.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey bros! Congrats on returning from hell again! I know we are all definitely stronger! Today's sets were good! And I felt dead, but good leaving the pool too! Yeah, lets keep on swimming, running and living to this rythmn of life. =)

Latest Post

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

9th April, my second day in Johannesburg. I decided to explore the neighbourhood by running to the nearby Neighbourhood Square  which was ab...

Most Read