Friday, January 16, 2009

Slowly finding myself once again..

Today, I was touched at cell group by 2 people.. A newcomer cried when it was her turn to share, saying that it was only until today that she understood that life was so much more than just living for herself. She was touched by the many testimonies shared by us.

A friend also shared that upon looking back at his life prior to accepting Christ, isolated events which exposed him to Christianity were likened to scattered pearls, lacking just a string/thread to form a beautiful necklace. He stated that when he received Jesus Christ into his life, the missing string/thread has been found.

I sat there listening to all these unfold before me and was hugely encouraged in my spiritual walk. I will take this leap of faith with Him, and He will grab hold of me should I slip.

These days, I have been returning to my old past time - reading. This luxurious hobby took a backseat when I started Medical school in August 2008, but now I've decided to plan my time well to indulge myself =]

I've read 3 books in about 10 days! Hahas..sounds quite killer right? The first book, 'Into the Wild', left me thinking about many things in life and prompted me to stop dreaming and start taking action on certain things. The second book, 'The Wednesday Letters', reminded me of the awesome mercy God has for us, resulting in us showing the same kind of mercy to others. It reminded me that forgiveness sets you free. Lastly, the third book, 'The Last Lecture', opened up my mind to the way I should change certain aspects of my life and value the time that is bestowed to me daily. A quote from this book by Randy Pausch that popped out to me was this:

'The brick walls are there for a reason. They're not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something.'

I guess I can now start from where I stopped the previous time. I hope all is not too late..

Lastly, I'm currently reading a book entitled 'Wolf Totem', and it has proven to be a very worthy read even though I'm barely past the 5th chapter! =] Ok, that's all for this post. I have to turn in..

No comments:

Latest Post

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

9th April, my second day in Johannesburg. I decided to explore the neighbourhood by running to the nearby Neighbourhood Square  which was ab...

Most Read