Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Valentines' weekend..

The swim training on Friday the 13th was quite cool for me in many ways. =] After recovering from sore throat and flu, I thought that I will struggle in the pool that day for training. However, I tried my very best to hang in there during the sets and managed to complete them. I thought I gave my best that day and did not regret at all. It was indeed a very good workout. After the training, my upper body was aching (probably due to too much inactivity during sick times).

After training, I rushed to cell group at the faculty of Engineering and caught up with the rest. Li Yan and Joanna came back from China and they brought us gifts! Hahas..I got a monkey! It is super cool, its hair changes colour based on the temperature! How cool is that!? =]

On Saturday, Valentines' day, we had training at Sentosa. I seriously did not feel like attending it but I did. I was still reeling from the effects of the last 2 days of training. After coming out of the water for the 1st set, I quickly put on my shoes and commenced the running leg. The blister on my Achilles' tendon was taped up but came out after the very 1st swim. A mixture of sand and salt assaulted the open blister and quickly send pain signals to my brain. It was freaking pain, but I had only one thing on my mind: catch the person in front. After a while, the pain seem to take a back seat as slowly got used to it.

Out of the 5 sets of transition training, I completed only 4. I thought the timings were pretty decent, though I would very much like to improve on them further =] To wrap up the training, Zhiyun introduced her Valentines' day special in which we were to pair up and swim. The second person will hold on to the first while he/she swims. I did it with Lemin and it was fun! Thankfully we were not last =x hahas..

Today, the gang met up for the usual Sunday morning bike training. We did 8 x 5km sprints down the coastal stretch. It was insane! After being off the bike for like 2 weeks, I found it hard to keep up, but I ignored the effects of lactic acid in my quadriceps and sprinted to keep up. It was osgasmic when we completed the sets! This is the kind of training to start the day! =] You will end up feeling really good about yourself for the rest of the day! Hahas..

Ending off with some quotes from chocolate wrappers:

"The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight shoes"

"The curve of a smile makes a lot of things straight"

No comments:

Latest Post

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

9th April, my second day in Johannesburg. I decided to explore the neighbourhood by running to the nearby Neighbourhood Square  which was ab...

Most Read