Saturday, April 25, 2009

A beautiful sweep...

Today, the NUS Aquathlon team participated in the TAS Inter-Collegiate & School Aquathlon 2009 and we won both the male and female tertiary categories! Today, it was evident to me that the team comes first...Every action from every member counts. You are only as strong as your weakest link.

Kudos to Ying Ren who claimed top spot again, without surprise. Zhiyun is also slowing making winning a habit by clinching yet another top podium finish. Joshua and Orlanda, from Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, secured 3rd placing in their categories too! Beautiful.. As you can see from here, being a medical student is proportional to winning races..Hahas! =] Ying Ren and Serene are medical students too!

I was very pleased also that the relay team consisting of Dong Xiang and Serene came in 1st. When the EXCO was discussing who to field for the female relay team to partner Dong Xiang, Serene immediately came to my mind. When she agreed after I approached her with the prosposal, I knew this was the team to beat! =] I was glad that this plan worked out beautifully.

Seeing the carvings on the overall male's champion trophy today, I gushed with pride. NUS was engraved for 4 consecutive years! Next season, the EXCO has really huge shoes to fill to take this already established team to greater heights. All the blood, sweat, tears, burn-outs, ups and downs from our seniors made it possible for us to taste the sweet results that we have now. The pressure is immense..

Thank you Zhiyun for reassuring us that our current sets for training is OK (because when Nicolas and I plan for running sets, we really just go by logic and the little experience that we have). =] Well, now that post-season has officially started for us, and the examinations are just around the corner, we can afford to focus on the important things on hand.

I will be looking forward to seeing Zhenyi and Serene at the pool after the examinations. They are a welcome addition to the team! =] Lastly, even though Jiajie and I got 4th today, I was glad that I gave all I had in the run and done my best (even if my best is not good enough). I did my personal best for a 5km run and will ride on this tide and aim for greater heights!

No comments:

Latest Post

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

9th April, my second day in Johannesburg. I decided to explore the neighbourhood by running to the nearby Neighbourhood Square  which was ab...

Most Read