Thursday, April 02, 2009

Hill Killa..

I woke up at 4.30am this morning in preparation for my assault at the National University of Singapore. After downing my cup of Milo, gobbling 2 small sandwiches and popping a vitamin C tablet into my mouth, I was out on the roads. I love riding in the early morning as cool breeze and minimal traffic greeted me.

Having arranged this assault the day before after swim training, I arrived at Temasek Hall carpark on the dot of 5.30am. Soon, Nicolas and Jiajie arrived and we started our workout. Jiajie planned out the route of advance and we followed. It was painful, mind-screwing and impossible to complete if you are alone.

Each attempt to slay a hill was met with insane resistance. It seemed that they (the hills) know that we were coming for them. Each cycle I took on the pedals while climbing was accompanied by thoughts of just giving up and chill off. I was severly tachypnoic!

After 24km of hills, we were totally spent. We made our way to West Coast MacDonalds as the one in NUS was still not opened. It was really satisfying, having know that you killed some hills before starting the day. Breakfast never tasted so good..

Nicolas and Jiajie had classes and so they rode back to school while I made my way home as it was a free day =] After bathing, I was out again to Parkway for a meeting with Coach David regarding my Ironman Switzerland training.

We planned roughly the skeleton for the training programme and he shared about his experiences. It was a very fruitful meeting and I left feeling so much more inspired and motivated to train hard. It is definitely going to be tough, both mentally and physically; but I believe that with proper time management, it is possible. =]

Let the tough times begin.

No comments:

Latest Post

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

9th April, my second day in Johannesburg. I decided to explore the neighbourhood by running to the nearby Neighbourhood Square  which was ab...

Most Read