Sunday, June 14, 2009

Avoiding the sun..

This morning, before the sun came out, I made my way to Nicolas's place for our 1st wetsuit swim. It was 5.45am in the morning when we put on our wetsuits. Having tried on my wetsuit a few days before and knowing the trouble I had wearing it, I bought the Body Glide! =]

It has significantly aided me in my efforts to put on the wetsuit. I now stand a good chance in the fastest wetsuit wearing competition..hahas! =] Anyways, we entered the pool and started swimming. The wetsuit really made you float and keeps your body streamlined when you swim. However, swimming in it does require some getting use to as we both agreed. It was pretty tiring on the arms as some work done is used to counter elastic forces. =] There has to be more wetsuit swim sessions prior to our Ironman in less than a month's time.

After the swim, when we unzipped the wetsuit, hot air emerged from within. It was really killer..imagine swimming in it under the sun! We had a short but fun time at the pool this morning..there will be more to come.. =]

No comments:

Latest Post

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

9th April, my second day in Johannesburg. I decided to explore the neighbourhood by running to the nearby Neighbourhood Square  which was ab...

Most Read