Saturday, June 06, 2009

Vintage Raleigh restored...

Today marks the end of my Phase I restoration project with my Raleigh. Much have been done to it since months ago, and I'm very proud of how it turned out to be. Here is the final product for Phase I:

Some of the things to be fixed onto the bike first was the front and rear Campagnolo sidepull caliper braking system and the cool bell.

The Campagnolo downtube shifters, front and rear derailleurs, crankset and bottom bracket were then added on after much deliberation in converting the initial singlespeed Raleigh into a 6-speed bicycle.

Nicolas gave me one of his beautiful yellow Topeak bottle cage and I thought it looked perfect on the Raleigh, hence I got another one.

Initially, the rear derailleur cable was red, but I thought black looked much nicer and blended in better as all my other cables were also black. Therefore, I got it replaced. =]

These pair of Mavic rims with Campagnolo hubs and skewers are tubular! My goodness..never did I expect that my first pair of tubular wheelset will be on this vintage bicycle. I had always envisioned it to be for my Argon 18...hahas! It will come, soon after I recover from my burns... =]

No comments:

Latest Post

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

9th April, my second day in Johannesburg. I decided to explore the neighbourhood by running to the nearby Neighbourhood Square  which was ab...

Most Read