Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Something I always wanted to do..

Today, I took my Raleigh out for training. This was something I always wanted to do but never did get down to doing.. =] With my Argon at T3 awaiting some minor fixing, I decided to try training with the singlespeed Raleigh..


The intended mileage today was 110km, so I slipped on my running shoes (Gel Noosa Tri 2) to be more 'flashly', as I did not have front and rear lights on this bike, and headed out. Serene, having gotten her pedals and cleats recently, was ready to try them out today. The entire bike ride went by smoothly, even the weather was superb! =]

The Raleigh held up well on the flats as well as the slopes; it was killer. In the end, the average speed clocked was around 32km/h for the 3 loops of coastal (90km). Never have I imagined this bike to be capable of that.. =] Singlespeed is indeed pretty cool, without having to change gears at all throughout the ride.. =]

I will slowly convert this bike into a tourer.. =] I will post the pictures up when I start to 'zeng' it =] Hahas..

No comments:

Latest Post

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

9th April, my second day in Johannesburg. I decided to explore the neighbourhood by running to the nearby Neighbourhood Square  which was ab...

Most Read