Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I love the team!

Back from my usual Wednesday aquathlon training. We did 10km run today, clocked my PB (39mins 21secs) for the route pacing behind Jonathan and Joshua. I don't think that the route was 10km, perhaps it was abit shorter, just somehow didn't feel 10km-ish.

Anyways, the usual dinner guys went for dinner after the training and we chatted abit before dispersing to mug. Dinner today was focused. On normal days, it could drag to 2hrs! We all realised that if not for the team, life in NUS will be a whole lot more dull and boring. It could not go on... =] Seriously, it is the team that pushes me week in week out. It is the team that makes me look forward to trainings (even though I know I will suffer when the training starts). I think it is essential for us to find something in life that pushes you on, and do that with a group of close friends. It is only through this way that you can ride through life's tougest storms and setbacks, not forgetting God of course! =]

NUS Aquathlon

I will end off with a quote from the movie 'Friday Night Lights':

"Being perfect is not about that scoreboard out there. It's not about winning. It's about you and your relationship with yourself, your family and your friends. Being perfect is about being able to look your friends in the eye and know that you didn't let them down because you told them the truth. And that truth is you did everything you could. There wasn't one more thing you could've done. Can you live in that moment as best you can, with clear eyes, and love in your heart, with joy in your heart? If you can do that gentleman - you're perfect" - Coach Gary Gaines

No comments:

Latest Post

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

9th April, my second day in Johannesburg. I decided to explore the neighbourhood by running to the nearby Neighbourhood Square  which was ab...

Most Read