Thursday, October 09, 2008

The past 1 month...

Sorry folks! This blog has been dead for another month. =[ Well, there are some good things and some not so good ones to share..hmm, where shall I start? The past 1 month seemed to just whizz past me in a flash. Time seriously flies in University.

Ok, the good stuff! I can see myself improving after training with the NUS aquathlon team for more than 2 months. Did a swim time-trial yesterday and clocked in at 30mins 03s. It is still not fast enough, but hey! I sliced off 2mins+ from my previous PB! Whoots. I hope to hit 28mins by the end of the year. =]

Studies so far has been ok. We've completed the upper limb and moving on to the lower limb. I'm still trying to figure out a way to study anatomy because I think I'm too much into details. Hope I find a way soon, lower limb is kind of killing me now! -_-`

In terms of plans for both my term breaks (3 weeks in December 2008 and 3 months in May-July 2008), I have already settled it. =] I will be going on a medical trip to called Project Lokun in December. We will basically be there to educate the village children in Cambdia on health issues and the prevention of certain diseases. We will also be doing health screening for the villagers and doing house-to-house education. I can hardly wait to embark on this trip! There will be so much to learn and experience!

For my one and only 3 month break next year, I will be going to Switzerland to take part in the Ironman Triathlon. After which, JJ, Jason, Melvin and I will tour Europe and have some fun! =] I made this decision because if I do not pursue my passion now, I might not have the opportunity to do it again in the future. Training has been pretty much good leading up to that event. Swimming is more or less settled by Zhiyun who 'tortures' us twice a week in the pool. Cycling training is done every Sunday with pals from TRI21. What is left is running, long long distance running..

I have already signed up for my virgin 70.3 Half-Ironman next year in March as a warm up for the Ironman Switzerland 3 months later. So much stuffs are coming my way. This is really exciting.

Ok, for the not so good stuff. Things have been a little better since the last post. Spiritually I am still not back on track yet, but I guess I'm making headway in this area. Slowly trying to claw my way back to the 'strait and narrow path that leads to righteousness'. The Christian life is likened to an endurance race I feel, when you're in it, it is a struggle. However, there is always a rainbow at the end of a storm, a light at the end of a tunnel, a finishing line at the end of a race. I must get there!

'I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.' - 2 Timothy 4:7

Oh, how I wish I can say that at the end of days. I must persevere!

No comments:

Latest Post

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

9th April, my second day in Johannesburg. I decided to explore the neighbourhood by running to the nearby Neighbourhood Square  which was ab...

Most Read