Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I understand it now...

I think I finally understood the reasons behind all the problems that I have been facing these past few months... I know it is always so easy to put the blame on the bloody devil, that all things bad must come from him. However, we cannot neglect the fact that we entertained his ideas, his promptings, his temptations... We are also to blame for our own circumstances.

So yes, after all that is said above, I'm still going to say that the devil is to be blamed. I really thank God for my strong and capable mother who is always there to help me no matter what. She shed light on my current situation.

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." - John 10:10

This was what she said, and everything fell into perspective. The devil does what he does best, to destroy things that took time to establish, to steal our time away from God and to kill our spiritual being. God on the other hand always seeks to love and to build.

"But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you." - Luke 6:27-28

God goes as far as to say that we should love our enemies, it is a command. Therefore, if we are to love our enemies, what more our close loved ones in relationships which have been forged and established?

I think I am closer to where I truly belong.

No comments:

Latest Post

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

9th April, my second day in Johannesburg. I decided to explore the neighbourhood by running to the nearby Neighbourhood Square  which was ab...

Most Read